Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I love Punch Art!

It is always fun to use the punches in a different way than they were intended to be used. 
Are you good at seeing different ways to use them? 
I signed up to do five different groups for convention! 
Here they are. 
Which one do you like the best?



Over the next few days I will share how I made these. 
Then I will show you some of the fantastic swaps I received in exchange. 



This one came about because I had the 2 1/2" Soft Suede circles that were embossed with the woodgrain folder left over from the fox card. 
I also have Christmas on my mind from my Christmas in July event. 
All of a sudden, I saw a crib! 
I cut the circle in half and took the 1" square punch and made the cuts for the legs. 
I made a template so they would get to be about the same size. 
Next came the baby. 
A narrow strip of card stock in the Soft Sky color punched with the scallop oval and tucked behind the crib worked. Blushing Bride with the 3/4" circle makes the head. 
Aren't you glad to have Blushing Bride back?
Now that I had that part  ready....it needed a background! 
I love sponging! 
The oval shape framelet cut out of a scrap and made into a post it works for a mask. ***
Put the mask on the card and sponge Daffodile Delight in the center and Soft Suede around the edge.
Remove the mask and stamp the greeting. 


 *** Did you know that you can make your own post it with the Multipurpose Liquid Glue?
Put a light line of glue on the shape and allow it to dry completely and you can use it over and over to mask the card. 

Tomorrow, I will show you the one that produced all of the circles i used for the crib. 


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and thanks so much for the tip for making the reusable mask

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby Jesus! I am subscribed too....yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally found your site. Thanks again for giving me this swap at Convention!! :) Love your creations.

    ReplyDelete