Thursday, February 13, 2014

Quick & Easy and Winner and Fire

These cards are very quick and easy to make. 
I just love the DSP that is free during SAB this year!
I will be doing a class so you can make them if you would like.
It will be on Monday, Feb 17 at 1:00 at Hobby Lobby in Manitowoc. 

Leave a comment or send an email if you would like to join us. 
All five for $5! 

The winner of the blog candy for leaving comments is 
Shirley
Congratulations! 
Since she was at the Stamp Along she has already received her gift. 
I will have a drawing again next month before the Stamp Along. 
Will you be the lucky one?

This post may have been out earlier if not for the big distraction on Tuesday. 
Even though I was gone during the day I didn't get to my stamp room in the evening either. 

This was happening while I was gone.

The one on the left is taken from our driveway straight across the street. You can see the flames coming out on the side. This was before the big trucks arrived because the truck was parked in front of our driveway. The one on the right is off to the right as that is our tree in the smoke and one of the trucks. Photos compliments of my hubby, Jon. 

This is one that I took when I got home about 8:30. They were just watching it to be sure it was all out. It is so sad to see a house that was so elegant, in its day, to be reduced to this. 
The people were gone at the time but the pets didn't make it. So sad! 



This is the house to the right. The siding is all melted and looks like paper hanging there. 
Can you imagine the amount of heat involved? 
God bless our firemen! They were able to keep the houses on both sides from burning even though they both lost the siding facing the fire. 


This one was taken about 11:30. They were still checking. You can see the fireman removing the ladder from the front. This one was taken from my kitchen window. 


There is nothing like a disaster like this to make you count your blessings! 





1 comment:

  1. Oh, I didn't know they lost pets in the fire, that is always sad.That's NOT the kind of excitement one wants in their life. The cards are great too!

    ReplyDelete