Thursday, April 17, 2014

Winner and Palm weaving

The winner of the drawing of names for leaving comments this month was Margaret.
She was at the Stamp Along so she got her roll of ribbon there. 
Thank you, all, for leaving comments on my blog. I really appreciate it! 




This year I learned how to make the roses with the palms. Yes, I learned it out on Fremont Street in Las Vegas! There was a young lady out there on the street making them for a donation. I bought one of them and watched while she made several of them. I have always enjoyed braiding the palms so I was very excited to find out that I actually remembered how to make the roses and I was very pleased with the way they turned out. 
I should try doing this with ribbon or other medium that is easier to obtain than palms. 
Any suggestions?
Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

  1. Looks like ribbon roses. Amazing how we seldom consider translating an idea to other mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, very cool. And you remembered how to do it? That is amazing. too complicated for me tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would love to learn how to do those roses with the palms, that is so cool & pretty
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I think I can still braid a palm, but these flowers are really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. my Mom taught me how to make awesome things with the palms.... glad to see you learned how to do it..... :)

    ReplyDelete